Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Could have been a snow day....

Today is one of those days that has my Facebook newsfeed all abuzz.  Today should have been a snow day.  Today could have been a snow day.  Why isn't today a snow day?!  I am a little on the fence.  When I first woke up, I would have liked it to be a snow day too.  Another day to keep the kids to myself.  As I shook off the sleep, I realized that while it could arguably be a snow day, I have gone to school in worse conditions.  And a snow day today only means a school day on some other day that could be equally lovely to have the kids home. 

Then I heard coughing.

The youngest is home today.  He is sick.  But not too sick.  Sick enough to camp out, drink cups of tea and honey with PBSKids.  But not so sick that I have to dig out anything more than the tea and some extra blankets.  Not sick enough that he isn't trying to retell me stories with wild gestures and the occasional dancing around.  He might have fallen off the couch once already because he was so excited about Wild Kratts.  It is one of those days.  Could have been a school day. Maybe should have been a school day.  But instead it is a sick day.


No comments:

Post a Comment