Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Yarn Along: Finishing and Beginning

Last night, I stayed up far too late finishing the Hoot Cardigan.  I made the size 6 month but because I generally don't worry about gauge for children's things, I am pretty sure it came out a few sizes bigger than my goal.  Babies grow.

I used Alpaca with a Twist's Baby Twist.  It is beautiful with a soft fluffy quality that makes this sweater just perfect for a very special baby.  It was great to knit with if not a little challenging on the dpns.  And after washing and blocking it last night (early this morning...ahem), my hands were covered in fuzz. 

Now I need to find the perfect buttons and make up a little hat to go with it for a matching set.  Add that to the stuffed owl and a copy of The Owl and the Pussycat, and I'm ready for an upcoming baby shower!

Reading.  I'm still reading O'Reilly's Killing Lincoln.  I am enjoying how it reads like a novel.  It makes for very pleasurable reading.  Although, I'm a bit out of practice following battle maps and strategy in my head.  9 years ago this month, I walked out of the classroom for the last time as a teacher to stay-at-home with my growing family.  I traded in maps, textbooks and curriculums for Playhouse Disney, KinderMusik and an entirely different way of life. 

Today, I have added Scott Hahn's A Father Who Keeps His Promises to my reading list.  It was the first day of my new bible study and we are doing Hahn's Genesis to Jesus.  I'm excited for the new study but apprehensive about my new small group.  Making new friends is difficult.  Making new friends is actually very stressful and exhausting and the perfect antidote is casting on that hat!

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet baby sweater.
    Reaching outside my box is a scary action, may you find joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable cardigan and cute idea for a baby gift with the hat and book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! :) I know that cardigan! Can't wait for him to wear it at the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete