Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Short on Time

I feel so short on time as these holidays approach.  I keep staring at the calendar and asking Matt, "Is Thanksgiving late this year?", "Is Advent short this year?",  "How is St. Nick's Day only a week after Thanksgiving?",  "How is it the kids only have 2.5 weeks of school and then they're off again for Christmas?"  I don't like the feeling of being rushed or that time is shortened.  It kicks off feelings of not having time enough to do all the things we'd like to do.  It also makes me fear that everything will fly by so quickly we won't have time to enjoy the things we are trying to do or do manage to do.  That being said, I'm grateful that after several busy weeks of errands, appointments and just not being home for one reason or another, I have today and tomorrow with nothing to take me away from the house except for morning drop off and afternoon pick up.  This means I can wear my sweat pants and catch up on laundry.  I can finally sit down and plan out a few more weeks of the boys' Religious Ed lessons.  I can sit down and sew something without breaking it into ten minute intervals of work.  I can sit down. 

In other news, Banshee is becoming a closet couch dweller.  She's been caught many a time when we return home and now also in the mornings when Matt gets up.  We can hardly blame her.  With all the hard floors, even with her various pillows and blankets, it can be cold on the floor.  We can hardly get upset.  She's not one to scratch things up.  The worst that happens is a tell tale pile of white fur.  Unfortunately for her, my lovely two days at home are going to seriously mess with her napping schedule....unless she gets brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment