Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Yarn Along: How I Plan to Get My Mojo Back

Since the holidays, I've been busy knitting.  I've made a total 2 pairs of booties, 2 hats, half a bunny and swatch.  I feel unsatisfied.  One hat was supposed to be done for the holidays.  The booties were quick, easy, planned and purposeful enough.  The other hat, the pink one pictured and the half a purple bunny were not planned.  They are simple, little thank you gifts for adorable girls.  They are not cheerful, relaxing knitting though.  They are knitting that seems to be taking forever, that I have difficulty finding motivation to work on, that are seriously screwing up my knitting mojo.  They were on a whim and a suggestion, totally unplanned and totally preventing me from moving onto the sweater that I was so pumped up to start.  They are roadblocks.  The hat is thankfully done - love the pattern.  A simple long rectangle, folded and seamed up the side....but seemingly endless stockinette as I stared longingly at my sweater's swatch.  The bunny is halfway there.  The goal is to finish it.  Today.  The roads are icy.  The temperatures dangerously cold.  Everything else will just have to wait.  Today, I intend to finish a purple bunny.



After finishing Sally Warner's Finding Hattie, which I loved, I pulled out my raggedy old copy of Anne of Green Gables.  I've been meaning to reread all of those for years.  I will reread them now.  It's as good a time as any and it's just the right kind of story to slip into when the days are short and hectic and the nights are full of catching up on laundry and other assorted grown up responsibilities.

Back to Small Things...

7 comments:

  1. Good luck finishing. I hope you get your mojo back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of projects that are going painfully slow. I am hoping that getting them finished and planning out my Olympic knitting will help. Good luck finding your mojo. It's there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those booties are too cute! I had a knitting slump last year, usually happens during the warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a knitting slump this year too :( but got my groove back. The booties are truly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making such cute stuff! But I understand; when you want to get to a particular project, the others just aren't as much fun! Would you be willing to share the pattern for the square hat, please? Thanks bunches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/childs-ear-hat

      i had to search for it. i didn't know if i'd find it on ravelry because it's so old in my binder that i couldn't remember where i found it originally. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm volleying between 'grown-up' books and YA fiction. It is one of my favorite reading levels. I started the Newbery list last year and read several on there, but then others by the same authors or sequels to the winners. Great knitting I'm a starter/stopper in several areas. Got a stocking, a shawl, and a vest going that need a pump of energy. Read Anne books in my early twenties before kids. That would be a great series to re-visit!

    ReplyDelete