I'm not even bothering to share this post.
I figured out the sleeve set up and increase last week. It took drawing and writing everything out but I understood what the pattern was telling me to do. I cast on and knit on.
Then came the raglan increases. They started out fine enough. However, I was completely confused by the keep new stitches in pattern part as it related to the ribbing. I plugged along and made what looked to be a royal mess of things. I spent a considerable amount of time trying to tink (knit spelled backwards - which means I was carefully unworking stitch by stitch going backwards). After about half an hour and not even a full round tinked, I ripped it out. Otherwise known as frogging because it sounds like a frog....RIPPPPIT. Then I stared at it and several more Ravelry postings of other people's Shredders until 1 o'clock in the morning.
After a miserable and depressing morning, and almost two hours with scrap yarn and scrap paper and the pattern, I've swatched the raglan portion according the directions with no success....without directions with no success....more staring at the computer and trying again according to the directions. Then,
Dumb shit, to myself I said.
The increases are increasing the sleeve on one side and the body on the other. I can't make the ribbing work across that marker because it's not supposed to - it's separate.
I hope that now I finally can knit this sweater in peace. And Matt better wear it all of the stinkin' time....if I can stand to look at it.