Monday, March 10, 2014

7 Quick Takes: Or 14? 21? How behind am I anyway?

1.  February is too short.  Too many birthdays.  Holidays.  With some illness.  And anxiety as we waited for Moses to arrive. 

2.  I was sick and actually spent almost an entire week just getting the kids to and from school and laying on the couch.  I even cancelled a whole night of lessons and took Nyquil.  I fell woefully behind on laundry and housework, and missed the first of my new book club/Bible study group's meetings.  It was a pretty miserable week.

3.  The weekend following my being sick and behind and frustrated, Moses decided to arrive.  So, we had Faith over for a few days.  I fell even further behind, missed another book club/Bible study meeting and skipped out on my Wednesday Bible study just to catch up. That being said...

4.  We had a wonderful visit with Faith.  We spoiled her terribly and she in turn charmed us for 3 days and 2 nights, leaving the house strangely quiet when she returned home.  Moses is adorable and so very tiny that even Matthew isn't so sure about holding him just yet.

5.  The weather is finally warming up.  Maybe.  I'm not making any plans to start cleaning up the yard until I'm sure that spring is on it's way.  Then I'll start with cleaning out debris, washing the windows and yanking out the messed up lilac bushes.

6.  Lent has begun and we've started our Lenten tree and evening devotionals.  There's bits of purple here and there.  We've all made some plans for what we're giving up or working on in the next few weeks.  Since I gave up Facebook for Advent and never went back, I had to re-think my usual Lenten sacrifice.  I'm still fine tuning it.

7.  A break in the weather has me thinking about summer vacation.  Last year we made the boys passports and filled them with lots of great activities and adventures for the summer.  I"m leaning towards making this the summer of lazy, do nothing and stick close to home days.  I don't know if it's a good plan or because I'm too lazy to make plans this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment